May 29, 2012

Crabbie Day, Not a Crappy Day!

I'm so proud of myself coming up with such a witty title for this post! The release of exam results yesterday morning resulted in my intermittent waking up throughout the night's sleep to check my phone for the revelation SMS. Glad that my results were up to expectations. And so today, after the crazy sleep bug continued harassing me despite me waking up at 2 in the afternoon, my aunt proposed treating us to a crab feast! The glutton in me immediately perked up, enough for me to wash up and look decent enough to leave the house.

Arriving at the entrance of Seafood Paradise at Senja-Cashew Community Club, we realized it opens at only 6pm for dinner time. With half an hour more to go, we strolled to Bukit Panjang Plaza via the link bridge for some snacks and drinks. I bought my favourite Gong Cha Alisan Tea with Pudding before joining my mum and aunt at the 717 Trading store to enjoy the durian crepes they bought! It was buy 5 get 1 free at $2.20 each and  so they bought 6. The tables and seats provided were pretty cute cos you'd be facing a huge slab of mirror while eating and somehow the mirror makes you look better than you really are hehe. I thought the durian crepes were rather expensive because we were looking at each other in disbelief when we witnessed how little durian the staff scooped onto the crepes. However, I guess it is worth a try cos you can squeeze your crepe for the durian lump to be spread evenly throughout your snack and so, you would not miss the durian in every bite you take! And ta da, it was already half an hour past 6 and we slowly made our way back to Seafood Paradise for our Crab Feast!!!

This Seafood Paradise outlet at Bukit Panjang is their one and only outlet located in a residential area, but I can say it has one of the best scenery and ambience among its 4 outlets, simply because it sits on a huge reservoir surrounded by lush greenery and oversees a beautiful skyline sculpted by neatly-built HDB flats. I can't help but feel very fortunate and proud to be living in Singapore, living in this neighbourhood. 

Seafood Paradise is located at where the pink arrow points!
The posh interior and what you see from inside!
I was busy snapping away when they started serving our food and I shall let the pictures say their piece :) First up, fried Kang Kong with cuttlefish! The Kang Kong is fried the tempura style, very different from the usual sambal Kang Kong. Not exactly to my liking but very unique with the crisp of the veges and sweet sauce. According to the waiter, this is pretty popular among diners. 




Next up would be the favourite of my brother and mine! Extraordinarily tender and the cliche 入口即化 (literally melts in your mouth) stir-fried beef cubes. My brother claims that these beef cubes taste even better than the steaks at Jack's Place! Oppps, different styles I guess!

Oh so tender!
So succulent!
So irresistable!
Omg, it's such a bad mistake to be writing this post full of tantalizing food pictures at this unearthly hour! Oh well, and here come the main stars of the day... CRABBIES!!! We ordered one Sri Lankan crab each for both flavours, Butter and Black Pepper! I still prefer Butter largely because you can dip the fried Man Tous into the yummy creamy buttery sauce (and my stomach just growled at the reminder of its awesomeness).

The Butter crab in a menacing pose!
Close-Up!
The killer combination!!!
The freshly fried and warm Man Tous at their best!

And here comes the Black Pepper crab! We were pleasantly surprised and impressed by the plating! So pretty that it comes with a "painting" of a plant! And of course, the flesh of the crabs are always so sweet, fresh and filling. 

The pretty plant on the left!
Credits to my brother for taking this picture
This picture of the Black Pepper Crab screams AWESOMENESS!
I had a really great experience taking my time leisurely picking out the flesh from the shell which were hateful obstacles, yet making the "success" of tasting the flesh even sweeter. The waitresses were extremely attentive, frequently changing your plates to enhance your dining experience. But I was glad that they left me alone when I was engrossed with all the crab pincers and legs on my plate. Due to carelessness and using too much force prying open, a pincer slid out of my fingers onto my blouse and NEW WHITE F21 shorts! Fortunately, the stains were not too bad. So here are some photos of me and my family who had the honour to be part of this crab feast, cos we hid this from my uncle and cousins who were boringly home and wondering where we were! :P




That's all for today and if I didn't remember wrongly, the bill was about S$130 for the 4 of us. Do drop by Seafood Paradise at Bukit Panjang for a unique seafood experience for special occasions or just when you feel like it, like us! But of course, choose the day you wanna visit wisely because... they're currently having this special promotion which varies according to the different days of the week! (That's why we chose Tuesday for our Crab Feast!)

Poster board displayed outside the restaurant
You may visit their official website for more details and promotions. And for your convenience, the address and opening hours of the Senja-Cashew CC outlet are below! Cheers!


#02-01 Senja-Cashew Community Club
(Opp Bukit Panjang Plaza)
Singapore 679910
Tel: 67669813

Opens Daily
11.30am - 3pm (last order at 2.30pm)
6pm - 11pm (last order at 10.30pm)

0 comments:

Post a Comment