May 21, 2012

Lazy Sunday Picnic

What a lazy Sunday it has been! 

With my topsy-turvy body clock, I climbed out of bed at about 3 before washing up and racking my brains for what to bring for the picnic potluck. While gobbling some of my mum's seafood Tom Yum soup up for a quick lunch, I spotted my mum enjoying a bunch of grapes in her grasp and tada! I can bring the super sweet and seedless grapes I have at home! Fruits are definitely perfect for picnics, sweet & refreshing. 

I grabbed some Bengawan Solo kuehs from BPP before a haphazard drive to Stadium MRT. Just to clarify, the drive was haphazard not because I am a reckless driver but because of road closures unregistered by the GPS! Resulting in my one-way-ticket-drive into the heart of my fearful Marina zone. Eventually, I took a large detour via ECP and Mountbatten before meeting up with Bro's car and arriving at our destination (Tanjong Rhu Road; free parking). We took a short relaxing walk by the river to Gardens by the Bay where we sourced for a comfy shady spot to lay our mats and settle down for a nice, cutesy picnic. And that was when the awesomeness of my Sunday began... Check out the photos brimming with sunshine & joy below :)

Thanks to Bro and Sis for introducing us Gardens by the Bay, as well as organizing this picnic! Being around this bunch of people reminds me of our havoc days in hall <3 And this gorgeous, relaxing environment just makes the food and company even more enjoyable. My little brain kept reminding me that I gotta bring my loved ones here for a picnic soon because not many people know of this place yet. So hurry if you want a serene and cosy picnic to yourselves!




One last photo of the evening scenery before leaving!

0 comments:

Post a Comment