May 18, 2012

Keeping a Blog

Everyone dreams of keeping a diary/blog and consistently documenting precious life moments and happenings. However, when the procrastination monster comes in, plans get delayed, pushed aside and eventually forgotten. And it's now time for me to get back down to this dream of mine... to keep a blog with passion and pride!

So here I am in my first and last summer holidays without an internship and I thought hey! perhaps I could start a new blog (which certainly calls for much time and effort) for my photos, videos I enjoy and random thoughts which are too private for Facebook. Her New Leaf has been an awesome inspiration! This gorgeous blog which I came across via Pinterest includes a very interesting section named Primp My Blog. Kira's very simple, helpful and in-depth tips have motivated me to make the first but vital step to kick-start a brand new blog! 

Her New Leaf's Home Page
Basically, the template I'm using is Strawberry Shortcake by Pugly Pixel. Pugly Pixel provides a few free blog templates which provides lotsa room for your own customization with great guidance. And I was brought to this site via Shrimp Salad Circus which has embarked on a project Blog Better similar to that of Primp My Blog.

Shrimp Salad Circus's Home Page
I love how the internet promotes the sharing of information, empowering individuals to do so much, more than what they are capable of achieving alone. Things are so much easier with mutual help and guidance!

Alright, I guess this shall suffice as my first post. I'm barely into the 2nd week of my summer holidays, so stay posted for more updates!



0 comments:

Post a Comment