Jun 7, 2012

Bus Ride to Holland Village

Hey guys, did you miss me? Haha I've been wanting to write a post on TWG Tea at Ion Orchard after visiting it for the first time last Friday with my mum & aunt! After always walking past the place where you can see couples or tai tais romantically enjoying an afternoon high tea through the glass panes and wondering how the tea, desserts and ambience would be like in there, my dear aunt simply led us through the entrance and before I knew it, she has already asked for a table of 3 and that was how my first ever high tea session at TWG Tea started out. I procrastinated writing on TWG because the photos we took are in my aunt's phone and despite having sent them to me via Whatsapp, I realized for the first time that Whatsapp greatly reduces the resolution of the photos! :( Oh well, so you gotta wait awhile before I get my aunt's phone plugged to my lappie for the pretty pictures.

Oh man, it's really late now but I just had the urge to share some words and photos here. I've recently discovered this awesome photo-editing app on the iPhone, it's called 美图秀秀! It seems complicated to use at first but after you find a few of your favourite effects, it really makes your photos more gorgeous than before without readjusting their sizes, like how my other favourite photo apps e.g. Instagram do. So if you're proficient in reading Chinese, download 美图秀秀! Or if you're not, just download and explore, maybe you'd find it useful too.

Today I realized how relaxing it feels to be taking a bus down to Holland Village on a weekday evening when the rest of the population are heading home in the opposite direction during the peak hour. And wow, I guess the bus fleets for Bus 75 are all recently revamped, or perhaps it has already been for quite awhile but I wasn't observant enough to notice. The seats are so new, clean, comfy and in really vibrant, nice colours. Haven't felt so great about a bus ride for quite some time, so here are some photos taken during the bus ride!

My beloved primary school!
The lovely seats :)
The happy passenger!
I was unexpectedly early for my date with YL! Walked around Holland V aimlessly, wanted to try Everything with Fries but there was a long queue as usual (even on a weekday?!) and so, ended up at Wendy's for dinner. First time eating Wendy's without him, so I spent some time looking at the menu properly and ordered the Beef Baconator, which I remembered 987FM intensely promoting when it was first introduced. The baked potatoes were screaming for me to choose them from the Sides menu, as they knew I would easily falter and give in to my love for potatoes. However, after much deliberation when YL had yet to arrive, I decided to go lenient on my body and ordered a slightly healthier Caesar salad for a dose of veges. Turned out to be yummier than expected!

Photo not giving justice to the juicy beef patty and savoury bacon slices hugged by the toasted buns with melted cheese
YL must be really full to resist eating when I'm enjoying myself in front of her
It was my first time having my meal at the Holland V Wendy's outlet too! (So many first times in this post) We sat beside the stairs on the 2nd level and the environment was peaceful with dim lighting, best for catching up with old friends over fast food which incorporates more authentic and fresh ingredients than others.

On the wall along the stairs
And lastly, when you're here at Holland V, a chillax session with friends gotta end with either some alcohol like a mug of beer at the coolio Wala Wala or some desserts at the lovely ice-cream joints and Coffeebean! We eventually settled on sharing a large Black Forest frappuccino and slice of Tiramisu YUM :) Okay, and so all the hesitation and giving the butter baked potato a miss at Wendy's was kinda redundant. I can never escape from the clutches of food... Oppps I think I'm overusing personification in my writing!

Black Forest frapp & Tiramisu <3
Gotta make my own tiramisu with the ingredients I bought before flying off!
But where to get rum? RUMMM
Gonna sleep for like about 5 hours before waking up for Brunch at most likely Prive bakery cafe! Finally!!! Stay posted for more updates on my food escapades! Good night!

0 comments:

Post a Comment