Jun 9, 2012

2nd Visit to Wild Honey


Hey I just met you and this is crazy! But here I am back again, wide awake at 5.30am in the morning when the perpetual sound of the raindrops is lulling me to sleep. Just wanna post some photos of my recent visit on Thursday to Wild Honey @ Scotts Square again! To be honest, I was kinda disappointed that I didn't get to brunch at Prive cafe bakery cos I've heard of the breathtaking view at Keppel Bay and I've never seen yachts in real life. And I guess the all-day breakfast at Prive is more affordable! Oh well, it was fine nonetheless experiencing a different Wild Honey with my cousins and with more people dining, we could try a wider variety of breakfasts.


I enjoyed my first visit to Wild Honey more though, this time round I somehow felt pressured, confused, anxious and a little unhappy while dining. Firstly, my youngest cousin toppled the baked beans from his English Breakfast (Full Works), the most value-for-money one, due to a careless slip of his fingers. Though Wild Honey kindly replaced it with a new pot of baked beans, I felt that the table was still messy and all. Furthermore, I realized that the brioche* (not bread haha) were missing from his breakfast! I had to apprehensively ask the waitress about it and when the waiter served them standing precariously on a small plate, it was totally expected when the brioche tumbled and almost fell off the plate. Such carelessness in forgetting the brioche and serving it haphazardly was quite disappointing.

I recalled how the brioche were standing tall for the English Breakfast during my 1st visit!
Another reason was perhaps that the Tunisian Breakfast which the conservative me adventurously ordered turned out to be not really to my taste and my stomach seemed to be churning after which. Not really used to the Tunisian breakfast style despite me being a lover of tomatoes & onions! It is Wild Honey's signature dish though, you may like it, unlike my family!

"Sizzling pan of shakshouka (tomato, onion, red pepper, chilli), studded with Chorizo sausage, crowned with 2 fried eggs..."

Served with "signature brioche and Israeli salad"
What salvaged the experience was the amazingly good Breakfast Hangover sandwich which my aunt ordered but dared not touch because of the strong cheesy smell she claimed. I gobbled up one half of it. It was so satisfying with all my favourite things, scrambled eggs, cheese, smoked ham, ciabatta and potatoes awwww.

Eggs scrambled to perfection, mingling with the cheese, awesome potatoes at the side!

Toasted ciabatta!
The European Breakfast was as good as ever and my cousin YT loved the egg benedicts with their signature Hollandaise sauce. The portion for the New York Breakfast (forgot to take photo!) looks small for my 1.8m cousin YH but turned out that my aunt loved the bagel and most of us were smearing the cream cheese on all our brioche in the end hehe.

European Breakfast caught my heart at my 1st visit!
Look at the oozing Hollandaise sauce with the egg, ham & mushroom on fluffy brioche
I ordered the Scandinavian Breakfast for mum which looked really sumptuous too with all my favourite things as well (I've too many favourites). It was grilled salmon fillet with Hollandaise sauce on top of crispy potato rosti and asparagus with 2 cute little tomatoes. I think my mum can make us something similar to this at home! Hope she gets inspired and prepare it for us soon yumyum.

Mum fell in love with the tomatoes!
Rosti was really crispy and salmon beautifully grilled!
Of course, I wouldn't forget to snap pictures of this pretty cosy brunch place. And I realized that I have forgotten to try the cakes and pastries on both occasions! They look so beautiful and yummy. I'll definitely be coming back to Wild Honey soon to try more of the breakfasts, sandwiches & desserts!

The strawberry cake is driving me crazy!!! LOL at my aunt's finger!
Interesting use of plates to decor the walls

I love this area, maybe I'll adopt this style for my dining/kitchen in future!

After the filling brunch! (Cute 阿宝色 effect from MTXX)
Ciao!

*brioche:  highly enriched French pastry, whose high egg and butter content give it a rich and tender crumb

0 comments:

Post a Comment