Apr 1, 2013

DIY Easter Egg

Happy Easter Day!

Hope everyone enjoyed their long weekend :)

In preparation for our Easter date, an impromptu idea came to my mind and I decided to make my love an Easter egg! Well, an Easter egg needs to satisfy 2 conditions. One, looks like an egg. Two, looks pretty. I think my DIY Easter egg more than fulfilled the requirements, it tasted sweet and contains a surprise too!

All thanks to our childhood favorite, Kinder Surprise! Remember? Egg-shaped milk chocolate enclosing a capsule with a toy surprise?

I haven't had Kinder Surprise for years and it has kinda transformed, at least for the ones in Singapore (cos I saw on the Instagram feed of a friend on exchange in UK with the traditionally wrapped in foil one). It is now in a disposable plastic container that splits open into half where the snack is in the first half and the toy int the second. I prefer the old one!

But oh well, back to the point. It's perfect for an Easter egg cos it's the only egg-shaped sweet/snack that I can find. With double-sided tape and some cross-stitch threads which I've preciously kept over the years, it took me 2 hours to complete my thread-wrapped Easter egg! Happy with the result. :) And my appreciative darling never fails to make me feel that the effort was worthwhile (even though I underestimated the time required and made him wait).

He gobbled down the sweet treat before we tried figuring the toy out. The toy surprise was disappointing to be honest. I remember the toys used to be really cool and fun! It was something like a mini spinning top eventually. Hee, and Ivan kept the beautifully decorated eggshells.

I was thinking... if only Kinder Surprise manufactures Easter-themed egg-shaped treats with customized toy surprise and packaging. That will be pretty interesting. But I'm sure nothing beats a personalized Easter Kinder Surprise, handmade with love <3.

You can try this simple craft too! You can still do it though Easter Sunday is over because Ivan told me Easter supposedly lasts for weeks! Try it this weekend to surprise your loved ones! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment